Please read the last post about parent teacher interviews.
RELIGION: The children have complete Moral Living. We are now covering the unit 'Creation'. The children are learning about the relationships in Creation and explaining order in Creation. We will also look at celebrating diversity and living in harmony with each other.
ENGLISH: The children are learning to write Persuasive texts. We are using the books: Don't Open This Book Again and Too Many Toys which both use persuasive language and pictures.
- Learning rules for contractions
- using the long e rule in spelling
- oi and oy sound
- Design own island on a grid, labelled with co-ordinates, a title and a key.
- Measurement; length ( cm, m, km), capacity ( mL, L) and mass ( g, kg)
- Continuing exploring numbers to 999
- Revise concepts from previous weeks.
- Daily Maths Mentals book
- What causes day and night. Introduce terms: revolve, rotation, orbit, axis, clockwise, anticlockwise
- What causes seasons.