This is Wellbeing Week. We have a no homework policy, with the exception of reading, for the week.
After learning about democratic decision making in HASS, the children of 3 Green voted for their class representatives for Semester 1 .Through discussion, the children believed that a girl and boy should be chosen ( not two of the same gender). Congratulations to Kash Poi and Talia Hovan.
Complete Moral Living: Learn about Catholic Mission and Caritas and the Beatitudes they follow. Relate Beatitudes to everyday life.
Read ' Fredrick Goes Bananas' - a book about resilience.
- Rewrite main ideas in form of a cartoon strip
- find striking words and match synonyms to these words
- Look at stylised words in text describing fish. Innovate by describing bananas.
- Rules for adding suffix 'ed' to words
- 15 minutes of Independent Reading per day
- Guided reading groups daily
- punctuating activities
- Revising verbs
Writing: Genre: Creative Writing
Revise money, interpreting graphs, time ( o'clock/half past)
- Democratic decision making
- Understanding the difference between participating in and contributing to a community